Aquaman Action Figures
There have been many figures and outfits for Aquaman. Following are all the ones I've heard about. I've included an approximate price range for the figures for reference, but understand that I am not selling these figures, nor should these prices be taken as a standard for buying and selling these figures.
- Bend 'n Flex Super Heroes (1974-75) 5" Aquaman $15-25 loose/$65-75 in box
- Comic Action Heroes (1975-1978) 3 3/4" Aquaman $15-25 loose/$65-75 in box
- Pocket Super Heroes (1979-1982) 3 3/4" Aquaman $25-45 loose/$100-125 in box
- World's Greatest Super Heroes (1972-1982) 8" Aquaman $50-70 loose
- $600-625 in box (Solid Box packaging 1972)
- $300-350 in box (Centered Blister Card package 1972-1974)
- $125-175 in box (Window Box package 1973-1976)
- $125-200 in box (Sided Blister Card package 1975-1982)
- Aquaman vs Great White Shark $150-200 loose/$400-500 in box
- Teen Titans (1976) 7" Aqualad $125-150 loose/$300-350 in box
There are also reports of strange variations of the MEGO figures, presumably made late in the run, or simply mistakes that got through. One I've heard about is an Aquaman figure with Batman gloves on a Superman card.
- Captain Action Aquaman disguise (1966) includes outfit, flippers, trident, head mask, utility belt, knife, sword, conch shell $150-200 loose w/o figure
- Action Boy Aqualad disguise (1967) includes outfit, boots, spear, head mask, utility belt, knife, shell axe $250-300 loose w/o figure
- Mera Figure (1967) 12" doll, includes belt, trident and crown $500-700
NOTE: A Captain Action figure has been re-issued. I haven't yet got one, but I presume that the Aquaman disguise will fit on the new figure.
- DC Super Powers Collection (1984) Aquaman 4 1/2" w/trident and mini comic book $5-10 loose/$25-35 in box
- Total Justice (1996) Aquaman 4 1/2" Gun-metal black w/blasting hydro spear and fractal armor $2-7 in box
- Total Justice (1996) Aquaman 4 1/2" Gold repaint w/blasting hydro spear and fractal armor $2-7 in box
- Repaint of Total Justice (1998) Aquaman 4 1/2" lighter armor, different packaging $2-7 in box
- Repaint of Total Justice (1999) Aquaman 4 1/2" lighter armor, black legs, JLA packaging $2-7 in box
- DC Super Amigos (1989-1990) Aquaman 4 1/2" $15 loose/$40 in box
- DC Comics SuperHeroes (1989-1990) Aquaman 4 1/2" w/trident and sea horse $5 loose/$20 in box
- DC Comics SuperHeroes (1989-1990) Aquaman 4 1/2" Green arms w/trident and sea horse $6 loose/$25 in box
- Aquaman Justice League Playset (1967) includes 2" figures of Aquaman, Mera, Mong, and Fisherman, and an Aquasub. $250-350
- Aquaman 2 1/2" rubber figure (1970) $20-25
- Aquaman 4" green plastic figure (1988) $10-15
Of course, not everyone is satisfied with waiting around for DC to do official Action Figures. Indeed, some of the less known characters will probably never have figures at all, or, like the Mera Ideal Doll, be incredibly hard to find. Which is where the fans begin to take up the slack...
One does a model of Aquaman in triumph, another hand paints Lego mini-figures to look like superheroes, and yet another takes common figures from the store and turns them into characters that Kenner and Toy Biz are unlikely to release on their own. These figures represent the imagination of Aquaman fans as well as the need for something to fill that niche of unavailability.
Also worth checking out is the Hero's Emporium Modeling Club
Back to Collecting Aquaman